Joining Phoenix Theatre
Everyone who wants to join Phoenix Theatre has to audition for us. Please don't be nervous - the auditions for our family-like company are very informal!
The audition will include singing a song of your choice. If you have a song that you would like to sing, bring the sheet music with you, but scores from well-known musicals will be provided if you need inspiration. You will then read a page from a script with another auditionee. Everyone will be given plenty of time to prepare!
At the audition, we will explain a bit more about Phoenix Theatre, but below are some main points to bear in mind:
- Phoenix Theatre prides itself on being a friendly, welcoming company with no cliques.
- You are auditioning to join the cast and not for specific parts in our next show.
- The number of spaces available varies, depending on the availability of our existing cast.
- Phoenix Theatre's main rehearsal time is on Sunday afternoons between 2-5pm at Ferryhill Church. We also rehearse, especially as we get nearer to the week of the show, on Monday and Wednesday evenings. You would be expected to be available for rehearsal on these days.
- We don't charge a membership fee nor do we charge for costumes / script hire, etc. However, you will be expected to sell tickets for the show - generally a quota of 20 tickets.
- We only hold auditions once a year, just before we start rehearsing for the next production.
- Membership of Phoenix Theatre is for people who are 18 and over. If you under 18, please read the Phoenix Youth Theatre pages.
If you are interested in joining the company (or have any further questions), please contact us and we will let you know when the next set of auditions are being held.